Thursday, October 21, 2010

Technology Rocks!

So, my son's phone was stolen 3 days ago... Sprint has this wonderful Family Locator app... It has some quirks but... Via this app, I managed to lead the police to the EXACT HOUSE the phone was in... I asked to speak to the kid who stole the phone, the convo included some interesting things:


I am Kitty, the mother of the boy you stole this phone from. I want to make sure you understand something. Karma will always find you. I have a chance here to help you make a change in your life. I can send you to jail or I can give you another chance. *Sergeant: She holds your life in her hands son!* I'm willing to give you a second chance if I feel you have learned your lesson from this. Do you feel you have? *Child: Nobs head* *Sergeant: She can't hear your head rattle boy!* *Child: Yes* *Child's Mother: Yes, Ma'am!* *Child: Yes Ma'am* You need to understand something here kid, I want to put you in jail but something is telling me to give you another chance. You're mother is ashamed of you right now, she is crying because she is so disappointed in you. You only get one mother in life, don't EVER put her through this pain again. She loves you but right now, she has no pride in you at all. Do you understand that? *Child: Yes Ma'am (quietly)* *Sergeant: Speak up, act like a man and speak like one, if I can't hear you, she can't either!* (By the way, I love this sergeant at this point). I expect a full apology for stealing the phone and for the messages you sent to me when I tried to get you to turn it in. *Sergeant: You better apologize boy, you heard the lady. She can have you in jail in minutes, you NEED to apologize!* *Child: I'm sorry (tears in his eyes) I'm sorry for...* *Sergeant: You need to speak up! She can't hear you and she controls your fate right now!* *Child: I'm sorry.* For? *Child: for stealing the phone and for sending you the rude messages.* I don't feel you meant the apology but, I will accept it. You need to think about your life right now. Sitting in the back of that cop car with hand cuffs on sucks doesn't it? *Child: Yes* Child's Mother: Yes, Ma'am!* *Child: Yes Ma'am.* You think that sucks, jail is hell boy. You are small and with the attitude you seem to have, you wouldn't last long. You'd get beat up constantly. You'd be alone and have no one with you. Does that sound like fun? *Child: No* *Child's Mom: No, Ma'am!* *Child: No Ma'am. (More tears). I'm giving you a chance, don't let your mother down, don't disappoint her again and don't make me regret it. But, if my son gets touched, hassled, harassed or picked on in anyway at school by you or your friends, I WILL press charges! *Sergeant: If ANYONE messes with him, you will go to jail. We will link you to it! If one of your friends decides to retaliate and jumps him, you better defend him, not your friend! If ANYTHING happens to him, YOU go to jail!* (By the way, I REALLY love this guy now) I'm going to give you a chance but remember, karma will find you. You do bad things, it catches up to you. The next person may not be so nice! 


There was more to the convo but that was the jist of it. The mother was in tears and apologized. I told her simply that when our kids do wrong, we blame ourselves to some extent but, HE made the choice to take the phone, not her. I, in no way, blame her. I only hope he learns his lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment